There are times when people disappoint us. There are times when people hurt us. There are times when we feel excruciatingly lonely. BUT there is an ever-present, all-knowing, compassionate God Who cares for us and loves us regardless of our personal circumstances. When I think about the qualities I would most like to see in a close friend, God fulfills each one.
Here are 12 reasons why our relationship with God is the best one we will ever have.
1. He is always available, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, no matter where we are or what our circumstances.
2. He is the best listener we will ever find. We can talk to Him about anything and not feel shame, guilt, or judgment.
3. His love is unconditional.
4. He is kind, caring, and compassionate.
5. He looks after us; He protects us from harm.
6. He opens doors to benefit us, and he closes doors that are not for us.
7. He gives wise counsel; He knows what is best for us and helps to direct our path.
8. He gently nudges us when we have done wrong and compels us to do what is right.
9. He is patient and forgiving.
10. He always answers prayers.
11. He will never leave us or forsake us.
12. He promises eternal life, and prepares a room for each one of us in our forever home.
WOW! What more could we ever want?
Sign up for my free monthly newsletter here. You will receive a FREE download of my national award-nominated CD Turn the Page!
Read my latest blog post, 14 Bible Verses To Lift Your Spirits During the Pandemic here.